NOTICE TO ALL:
THE ANNUAL GRANT BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION HELD IN PT. PLEASANT, OHIO HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2021.
WHAT IS THE HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION?
This program provides a reduction in property taxes. Qualifying seniors or permanently and totally disabled Ohio homeowners who occupy their own home are eligible to receive a $25,000 reduction applied to the taxable value of their home which results in a reduction of taxes owed.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION?
If you are 65 or older or permanently and totally disabled and have an Ohio adjusted income less than $32,800 you may complete the Homestead Exemption Application Form, then file it with the Auditor's Office at 101 E. Main Street, Batavia, Ohio 45103. The form is also available at www.clermontauditor.org.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE CURRENT HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION?
Any Ohio resident homeowner who meets any one of the following:
To qualify, an Ohio resident also must own and occupy a home as his/her principal place of residence as of January 1st for the year for which they are applying for either real property or manufactured home. For individuals who own more than one home, the principal place of residence is the home where the person is registered to vote and is the person's place of residence for income tax purposes.
If you are a totally disabled veteran you may qualify for an additional reduction in property taxes. Please contact the Clermont County Auditor's Office at 513-732-7150 for information.
Information provided by the Clermont County Auditor's Office.
A National Day of Prayer, "God & County Service" has been scheduled for Sunday, May 2nd at the 1st Baptist Church of New Richmond, 213 Western Avenue, New Richmond, Ohio 45157 at 6 pm. All are invited to come and pray for our country, community, law enforcement, first responders, our children, military, veterans, and our hometown heros!
For those unable to attend...on Thursday, May 6th folks are invited to "pray at the park" anywhere and anytime that day.. attendees are asked to display a flag or banner as they walk.
The Board of Washington Township Trustees will be holding the much beloved Annual Youth Fishing Derby on August 7, 2021. For those who have attended in the past, this years event will look a little different..... pre-registration is required, we will be social distancing and wearing mask. Lunch will not be provided; the Township Hall will not be opened; and children will not be allowed to access the playground areas. The success of this event is contingent upon everyone's cooperation and diligence in following the event guidelines, which are as follows:
2021 ANNUAL YOUTH FISHING DERBY
When: Saturday, August 7, 2021 (Come rain or shine)
Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM (NO LUNCH)
Registration Table Opens at 7:00 AM
Location: Washington Township Park, 2238 S.R. 756, Moscow, OH
Age Categories: Girls & Boys: 3-4 (Participants Only),5-7, 8-12, & 13-18
1st Grand Prize: To the contestant with the largest overall fish (Ages 5-18)
2nd Grand Prize: To the contestant who has caught the most overall fish (ages 5-18)
Age Category Prizes: Ages 5-18: Prize in each age category for the largest fish caught.
Participant Package: Given to all children age 4 and under
Door Prizes: Eligible to all registered children.
General Guidelines for Participation
1. Pre-registration is required to attend this event. Please call 513-553-2072 and speak with
2. This event is free to all Washington Township residents, all 2021 Washington Township Fishing
Permit Holders, and the children of the employees of Dynegy, our sponsor!
3. If you are a non-resident or non-fishing permit holder, you must pay a $5.00 fee for your
child(ren) to attend. If you do not pay this fee in advance, but wait until the day of the event, the
payment must be made in the exact cash amount. We cannot make change for larger bills.
4. This is a catch and release event.
5. Families are welcome to come and enjoy the Fishing Derby event with their children. However,
only children registered in the derby will be permitted to fish in the lake during the event.
6. There will be NO LUNCH provided. We encourage everyone to bring their owns snacks and
drinks. We also encourage everyone to bring their own seating.
7. The Township does not provide fishing bait and participants are limited to one pole.
1. Social distancing and the wearing of mask/face shield will be required, as per the State of Ohio
guidelines which are currently in effect the day of the event.
2. Once you have set up your fishing spot, we ask that you stay in your designated area and stay
with your family members....socially distance yourself from other attendees (those you did not
come with) per State guidelines. While in your designated area, you can remove your mask.
3. If you enter the registration table area, fish weighing/counting station, the door prize area, travel
to a port-a-let, etc... you must wear a mask/face shield. As a general rule anytime you leave your
designated area you must wear a mask.
4. The playground areas will be closed and no one will be allowed to enter these areas.
5. No one will be allowed into the Township Hall and annual fishing permits can not be purchased
before, after, or during the derby event.
TO REGISTER CALL WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP AT 513-553-2072 & ASK TO SPEAK TO ROBIN.